Friday, February 6, 2009

Start, end and begin again.


Well we finished the pad today and the plan is to leave enough finances behind to keep construction going to hopefully finish the roof that will cover the new pad. I will be happy to not have to mix anymore concretas (concrete) for a while. I have eaten enough concretas dust for a lifetime. I am, although very grateful that we had the mixer to use because the first day it was not at the job site and we had to mix by hand. As they say in Nicaragua "ay yi yi"
(Yes, I'm pretty sure that is not spelled right.)


This is a picture of us mixing a batch by hand the first day. Praise the Lord for a mixer!
So now were finished with the pad we will work tomorrow on layering the ground into almost a stair like fashion to level out some of the contour of the land. Tomorrow is our last day at Los Brasiles, and it is for me one of the hardest days. I have such a heart tie to some of the children there and it rips me apart to know I won't be seeing them again for a year. I leave with tears welling up every time.

We arrived this year to find the familia that lived next door to the job had moved to Leon. I have pictures of these kids and have seen them grow up for the last 6 years. WOW! What a blow to see a for sell sign on their casa (house.)
















              Denesaye, Noelia, and Luis had me wrapped around their little fingers. Every year I would go over to their house and talk to their madre and one year to their Padre. I had made them a photo album one year and put all the photos I had of them in it from over the years. I put some pictures of me, my wife, and Manna in there and every year I would bring the newest one and let them update it. We would laugh and remember the fun time we had the year before. Oh how I look forward to that every year, and how sad I was to find they are now gone and there is very little chance of ever seeing them again.

I always think the end of something is just the beginning of something else. As a matter of fact, I have bonded quite closely with La Abuela and her familia. If you have not read the blog before this one go back and check it out it's entitled "La Abuela." Not that any person or family can replace another, but God has created us with big hearts so that we can squeeze a lot of people in there. Each one can have their own special place in your heart if you can open it up, and allow your brain to archive the memories. Sometimes I believe we hold on to resentment or just hurt and say "Ill never open my heart again to get hurt like that." I value the time I had with Denesaye, Noelia, and Luis and does it hurt that their gone? Yes! Big time, but I know I did all that I could in the time God gave me. I hope and pray they will never forget me, as I won't them.

So tomorrow ends the Los Brasiles project for this trip, and it begins the next stage of the trip Sunday church and shopping. We will spend a night at Monte Limar the beach resort on Monday night relax and then back to Los Cedros (where we are sleeping while here) to do some much needed maintenance on the residence buildings and walkways. As always one ending is just the beginning of another adventure.

This just happens to be the end of this blog, but never fear there will be a new one tomorrow. So until next time...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

It's amazing who and how God puts people in our lives. He sent you all the way to Nicaragua to meet Denesaye, Noelia, and Luis to sew into each other’s life. Having compassion for one another is one of God's hallmarks.  Make sure you bring some art home. Let's see if we accomplish what we started out to do last year and that is to sell the art to raise more funds and promote the need in Nicaragua. ~W