Tuesday, February 10, 2009

Getting back into the swing of things

We came back to Los Cedros today from the Monte Limar resort. It's been a rough two days, but someone had to do it. I appreciate you guys bearing with me as I took two evenings off. I quite missed this time of the evening when I stop to reflect on the day, the week, and the mission. I want to say thank you for all of you who have been reading my blog, commenting on it, telling my wife, and sending emails saying how much you enjoy it. It has really encouraged me to continue blogging after the trip is over. I have had a desire to blog for several years and just never thought that anyone would care what I had to say. During my fasting and prayer this January, one of the things that God showed me was this opportunity to break into putting my thoughts into words. When I come to Nica. each year I feel like I'm going to explode with emotions and thoughts that I have no way to get out.

God showed me many years ago that He was going to use me to preach his word. It was prophesied over me years later that I would be teaching people and the prophesy was that I would be teaching very softly and calmly, while people would listen intently to the teaching. Don't get me wrong I'm not trying to say that I'm teaching anyone anything right now, but I am feeling that this is a beginning of me learning to convert what God is implanting into me in words that will bless others. After blogging a few nights I realized that I was speaking to a good number of people in a soft and calm way. Humm... Most every night I have sat down after everyone has gone to bed and listen to worship music while thinking I have no idea what I'm going to blog about tonight, and then an hour later I would look back and think where did that come from? Every morning I wake up and I feel the most relieved and energized that I ever have in all my trips here before.

I also feel that this has been a great experience for all those who have sewn into our trips and those who are covering us in prayer. From what I am hearing is that the doug blog has given you some insight into our trip and you feel like your a big part of our day to day experiences. Please forward the link to anyone who would like it or to those who would not like it too!

I know I did not get into much about the trip tonight, but tune in tomorrow and It should be good. While the guys are working here at Los Cedros, I'm gonna catch a ride down to La Chureca (the Managua dump that thousands of families live in) and meet with a friend who has an amazing ministry there running a school located inside the dump called Colegio Cristiano La Esperanza. I will possibly get some video for you to see, but I know I'll have some good stuff to blog about after that.

Until next time...

No comments: